- Networking: Successful upgrade of multiplayer networking solution to Photon Fusion. Less network lag; higher performance; foundation for authoritative networking and more pals per match in the future.
- Game UI: Player cosmetics added to scoreboard and leaderboard
- Game UI: Player Tier determines name color
- Game UI: Killstreak timer indicator added
- Game UI: Shield moved above Health bar
- Sound: Improved 3D sound; some sound effects changes.
- Controls: Hold ‘down’ button (default S key) to drop below platforms, in addition to double tapping.
- Matchmaking: Custom & private games removed from endless F2P game mode, to be reintroduced at Skill Match (formerly known as Wager Match) launch. Now, 8 bots and up to 8 players will join the battlefield each game. Map is randomly chosen.
✨ CHIPS Rewards
- Rewards are no longer minted automatically. Claim rewards by clicking on the CHIPS icon next to your balance.
- View CHIPS withdrawals on PolygonScan via in-game button after transfer.
- Dex moved to web browser at https://shooterpals.io/dex. In-game Dex button links here.
🔀 Balance Changes
- Jump force increased for bigger pals
- Grenade throw force increased
- Killstreak timer reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
- Small miscellaneous balance changes for most weapons
- Bots no longer interact with jump pads directly
- Performance: Lag creep issue reduced. If the game runs well at the start of the match, it should continue doing so for some time.
- Bot movement: no longer lags violently when you’re not the host
- Rank up: Issue when progressing multiple ranks in one life fixed
- Movement: Issue where you’re thrown into the air upon getting kills fixed
- Movement: Not jumping when you expect to fixed
- UI: Health & Shield sync issue fixed
- UI: Issue where Grenade panel doesn’t show fixed
- UI: Issue animating CHIPS during large payouts fixed
- General stability improvements
🐛 Known Issues
- ShooterPals Marketplace and Global Leaderboard down for maintenance
- Heroic Heights map down for maintenance
- Bots sometimes get stuck or float around, and will eliminate themselves when necessary
- Pal City map weapons stop respawning (to be addressed in next patch)
- Connection interruptions may result in unexpected movement and suicide
- Weapons sometimes do not respawn, or visually get stuck on screen
- In View mode (after death, before respawn), camera may track invisible pals when the host changes
- Getting kills while on Floating Platforms may result in dropping down
In the next patch, we plan to add full controller rebind support and address known and newly discovered issues.